As publications and research results in the field of EMF (ElectroMagnetic Fields) do not always provide unambiguous conclusions, EMF exposure and possible health effects have become a public concern. Under the requirements of the EMF Directive 2004/40/EC, employers have to provide a safe working area for their employees, including limitation of EM field exposure from high level electromagnetic sources such as induction heaters, industrial RF (Radio Frequency) applications for heating, transmitter stations etc.
In order to provide clear answers with regards to the effective levels of exposure, Lambda Engineering carries out measurements of electric, magnetic and electromagnetic field strengths in the frequency range of 0Hz (DC) - 3GHz.
- EMF survey in industrial plants, identification of areas where significant levels of EM fields are produces, verification of EM field strength levels under operational conditions.
- Measurement of low frequency magnetic fields from power distribution systems including transformers , bus bars, cables, distribution panels etc.
- Measurement of high frequency EM fields from nearby broadcast transmitters, as a function of distance, height, etc.
- Measured values are assessed against the ICNIRP reference levels for either general public or occupational exposure as per the requirements of the EMF Directive 2004/40/EC.
- Where applicable, assessment of measured values against immunity levels of active implantable medical devices.
- Recommendations are provided for EMF reduction measures and/or exposure limitation measures such as shielding, segregation etc.
Measurements results are presented in a clear measurement report together with conclusions and recommendations and further guidance on required improvements.